Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac - Gabrielle Zevin Argh! I have so many things I want to say about this book but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. So here's the jist:

I'm going to start with what I like. I like the concept. It's very unique and well-thought out as a whole. I got some entertainment out of it and I liked how the whole "losing four years worth of memories" as very intriguing. That was the reason I picked up this book in the first place. To see how it was all going to play out. And to be honest, it wasn't that bad.

However, the characters and the silly mediocre things in life played a key role in this story... and I thought it fell flat. I really don't like the main lead in this book. She's so superfical and selfish! It just made my eyes bleed just reading some of the garbage that came from her. I just wanted her to shut up and fall down another flight of stairs so I won't have to think about her. Ace, her boyfriend, was a douche and only wanted to get in her pants. James, her romantic interest and filler boyfriend, was equally as annoying and his emoness just got on my nerves. Okay, I understand he went through some things but most of it was self-inflicted. It was mostly his fault! These three really annoyed me!

The few characters I did like were Will, he was just an amazing friend and I loved him all the more when I saw his attitude towards things, and her father Grant, who couldn't be a more perfect character. I like Alice and Yvette, too, but they weren't in the story so much but I think if they were, I would have liked to read about them more than the actual main character.

All-in-all, the book was... okay. It wasn't the best but neither was it the worse. It kept me interested enough to want to read but it wasn't so fascinating that I just HAD to read it. I think it could have been better if Zevin didn't involve so many ridiculous things about being a teenager... like sex. Although, she does have a pretty fascinating vocabulary, I'll give her that.

If you are interested in all that high school drama stuff then this book is for you. If not, then stay away or borrow it from the library, like I did.