Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki by Mamoru Hosoda

Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki - Yuu, Mamoru Hosoda

I've been a fan of Mamoru Hosoda for years now! Ever since he directed the Digimon movie, I couldn't get enough of his work! From The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars, he has blown me away time and time again. So when I heard about Wolf Children I had to watch the movie. Unfortunately, I just haven't gotten around to it... but when I saw the manga at the library, I had to read it! And it's just as beautiful as I thought it would be!

Hosoda write a lovely story about a mother raising two kids on her own, helping them realize who they are and who they want to be when they are older... be it human or wolf. It's such a beautiful, heart-felt story about love, family, and self-discovery. The characters are all well-developed with multiple levels to who they are as people. The artwork by Yu is amazing! So many fine details and beautiful scenery, especially the mountains! Ack! So lovely!

I cannot stress how much I love this story enough. If you're familiar with Hosoda's other works and enjoy them, then I think you will love this manga/movie. Now that I've read the manga, I am definitely going to see the film. I know I am going to love it just as much as the manga.