And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell

And Tango Makes Three - Justin Richardson, Henry Cole, Peter Parnell

I've recently discovered this children's picture book not too long ago and the moment I heard what it was about, I had to read it. It's about two male penguins living in Central Park Zoo, meeting and falling in love with each other, then deciding to raise an egg together. The premise itself was just so cute and beautiful but what happens is so much more than that!

It's moving, sweet, caring, loving, and downright a beautiful story. The writing is simple enough for a child to understand yet engaging enough to keep both child and adult interested in what is happening. I love the art so much! Henry Cole's style is so lovely and matches the story perfectly. That's all I am going to say about the book. It's only 32 pages long and I feel like if I say anything else, it will ruin the story.

If you haven't read this book yet, go ahead. It's important for both children and adults to read this book. It'll introduce children to what it means to fall in love and have a family regardless of gender or sexuality, and perhaps open the minds of some adults who are willing to learn and understand that as well.

This is a beautifully told story about what it means to have a loving family and I cannot recommend it enough.