A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas

I want to start off by saying that I really enjoy Maas's Throne of Glass series. It's not the best written story out there, but they are entertaining enough to enjoy and have fun with. This book, however, I did not have fun reading. The entire plot was predictable from the get-go and I couldn't stand the main character. Feyre was a complete moron only for "plot" reasons and, to me, that's pretty lazy writing. It's a shame because I really did want to like this book but I was mostly frustrated by the end of it.

I will read the next installment because there's a character in this series that piqued my interest. His name is Rhysand and I thought he was a complex character and I am hoping he redeems the series for me... hopefully... because everything else in this book was just "meh" for me.

If you are a fan of Mass and want to see what else she has written besides her Throne of Glass series, then give this a try. There's not much good I can say about this book... I found it quite dull to be honest. But hey. If you are curious about it, give it a read! You might like it more than I did.