Ivy by Sarah Oleksyk

Ivy - Sarah Oleksyk

It's been a while since I've read a graphic novel. I've been meaning to get back into reading them so when I saw this at the library, I decided to give this one a read. I have not heard anything about this book before so I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. Well, I can say that I really liked this book.

It's about a girl named Ivy trying to figure out who she is and what she wants to do with her life. But there's more to it. With her mother trying to decide her life for her, best friends "abandoning" her, a guy whose intentions are less than pure, and Ivy trying to handle this to the best of her abilities whilst controlling her anger issue, this leads for a very common yet rarely talked about story that goes down to the harshness of such realities in graphic novel formatting.

There's drugs, violence, and sex in this so keep that in mind when checking this out. But if that doesn't bother you then I think you should give this a read. Especially if you are going through a rough patch in your life and have no idea where you're going. You may find comfort in this book. Plus, the artwork is AMAZING!!! Check it out!