When the Library Lights Go Out - Megan McDonald, Katherine Tillotson What an adorable little book this is. Whenever I find a book that has to do with a library or books in general, I always get really excited and must read it right away! So when my mother went to the library with me and found this on the shelf, she knew she had to show me. She thought I would really love to read this and she was not wrong. I am quite glad she showed me this book because it was such a cute story. After all, who wouldn't want to read a story about two friends going on an adventure in search of another friend? What I really like about this book is not only does it encourage little kids to read, but it also encourages to use their imagination. Since I was a child, I have always been a big dreamer. I always played by myself which lead me to use my imagination a lot. It was very stimulating and I think this book did an amazing job in teaching children that it's a good thing to imagine everything and anything that is possible. For that, this book deserves a lot of credit.

I did have a few problems with the writing however. I am not saying that the writers did a terrible job in capturing the reader's interest. I'm just saying a few of the writing methods seemed a bit too juvenile... even in a book like this. I was not a fan of the "rhymey words" they used. "Icky-sticky," "ucky-blucky," and "noisy-boisy" to name a few. These words are words you would use to a newborn baby, not toddlers. It just... ruined the experience for me a little bit. These rest of the writing was fine and the plot was adorable as well. But what I think really stood out to me were the illustrations. They are absolutely gorgeous! I love the art style. It seems so simple but you can tell that, once you get a closer look, it has a lot of details put into it. Love the shadowing! Oh, I just love everything about it!

Personally, I think this is a great book to have your child read. It's sweet, it adventurous, it promotes imagination, and it can teach a child how to be a good friend. It's not the best children's book out there. I don't think anyone could ever beat Dr. Seuss or Roald Dahl, but it still holds its own. Check this book out from the library and give it a try! Your child might end up enjoying it a whole lot. I know I did! My mother really knows how to choose books for me. Ah, mommy~ I need to go to the library again with you soon~ <3333