Intertwined - Gena Showalter Let me start off by saying that I think this is a very good book. I liked it. This is my first Gena Showalter book and I heard that she was a pretty good writer but I didn't think I would like her book as much as I did. I'm glad that I gave this book a chance because it was definitely worth the read. However, there are some things in the book I had issues with but they were mostly minor things.

I will say what I liked about the book first. I liked the concept. I loved how Showalter came up with the idea of having four souls living inside one body, technically five if you include the main character. I thought that was brilliant! I have never read a book about that. Then she mixed in a whole bunch of other paranormal creatures into the book which was interesting. There were some moments when I thought it was too much being thrown in together but, all-in-all, it turned out to be very good. I liked Showalter's writing style. It's not the best but it is easy to get through. She made it understandable and I love that. It was very good.

Now about things I didn't enjoy. The first thing I noticed, and it really annoyed me, was how the characters were "attracted" to each other. Okay, I can understand the romance concept in a lot of YA books. However, what's the deal with falling in love only after a second of metting a person? That I never understood. I mean... it's a good thing when characters develop together! Nothing bad can come of it. This applies to all of the main characters but especially Aden and Victoria. They knew absolutely NOTHING about each other and yet, after a second of knowing each other, were madly in love! Mary Ann and Riley were along similar lines but at least they got to know a little bit about each other before claiming to be in love, which was okay by me to some extent.

With that said, let's talk about characters. Aden is one of the main charcters and the one the story is initially about. He's a good protaganist. I like how he was determined and didn't let his differences stop him with what he wanted to do. He starts off kind of aloof and dark but he grows as the story progresses. Then there's Victoria, Aden's love-interest, and there was not much to her, honestly. She was an okay character. Kind of quiet but strong and not in the least annoying. I like that. In fact, none of the females in this book I found a bit annoying which is rare in the books I read. Mary Ann was also good. Somewhat of a goody-goody (yeah that annoyed me a bit but not enough to make me hate her) but that's about it. I love how caring she is even though most people don't deserve to be treated with such kindness. Then there's Riley, Mary Ann's love interest, and I LOVE him. He was my favorite character throughout this entire book! He's the jerk of the group and I mean that in a good way. He has an attitude and a smart answer for everything but he does have his soft moments though you rarely see it. I love him. Showalter by no means made her characters less interesting or under-developed. I just wished she didn't make them fall for each other right away.

To say I didn't enjoy the book would be a huge lie. I really did like it. I just had my issues with it. Besides the fact that the romance was rushed, the ending was also VERY predictable! I swear to you that I saw it coming well before the last ten chapters. It was a bit disappointing since I already knew how it was going to end. It did leave off in a cliff-hanger, however. Will I buy the next installment in the series to find out what happens next? No. Will I borrow it from the library in order to find out what happens next? Yes. Although, I had some issues with it, I still think it's a good book and would love to see how everything will turn out. Seriously, check this book out! It's worth the read!