Behemoth - Scott Westerfeld, Keith Thompson It's official: Scott Westerfeld is one of the best authors that has ever walked this planet! I know, I know. I sound like a fangirl... well... maybe I am... but still! I love this book with a burning passion of love! It's just amazing! The plot, the characters, the setting, the inventions: everything! It was all so unique and stimulating! I am so glad I got into this trilogy because this second installment does not disappoint!

I have become so involved with how Scott Westerfeld's writing seeing as how I have read quite a few of his books already. Just like in his Uglies series and the first book Leviathan, Westerfeld has a knack of describing in vivid details how a particular scene looks. He finds just the right words to describe what the machines and the fabricated beasties look like. It's amazing how he's able to paint a picture into your mind so you know exactly what somethng looks like. Also, Keith Thompson's artwork is so beautiful! They are so amazing that I feel it only enhances Westerfeld's story instead of hindering it. Trust me: It's one of the most beautiful books I have ever laid my eyes on.

Much of the characters from the first book are in the second installment. Alek is still an awesome prince. He never once reverted back to his snobby, spoiled, princely ways. Yeah, he's still a prince but it's not like he looks down on people. He makes a comment about commoners but if you know how to pick up hints, it's only because he doesn't want to burden anyone in the future. Deryn is still a badass. I love her. She's loyal to her people but would throw everything away for what she truly believes in. Her relationship with Alek is one I truly admire. It's not a normal romance which I think is brilliant. She's not some pathetic girl who would just show weakness when it comes to him, though she does have the hots for him! XD I love these two so much. Perfect couple!

Alek's crew is still here and all of them are still as epic as ever. Dr. Barlow is still here and I love that woman! Seriously, I would marry her! *Ahem* But I suppose I should talk about the new characters... well, let's start off with Zaven. He's one of the leaders of this revolutionary camp along with his mother, Nene. Zaven is very strong, brave, and very cheerful whereas his mother is stern, wise, but loving. They are very great characters. Lilith is Zaven's daughther who lost her mother but has shown only strenght from that lost. She's intelligent, shows that by working with mekanics, skillfull, shows that by controlling the walkers, and is very butch, shows that by kicking everyone's bottom! She has some guts, too! She does something in the novel even though she KNOWS what's to come of it! It left me with a very wide mouth! I think she's just awesome!

In short: GET THIS BOOK! IT IS FULL OF WIN! No, seriously, I think it is one of the best YA books out there. It's not like in other YA books where the girl only wants to focus on getting the guy and the guy has this egotism about himself. No, not this book. The girl likes the boy but is more focused on stopping this all-out war that's meant to kill millions and she wants to do it as a soldier, not just some girl! The boy just wants peace and will do whatever it takes, even if it means to go about destroying his own beliefs in order to achieve that peace! I am really looking forward to the third book, Goliath! I want to see where this goes! I recommend this book to everyone, especially steampunk lovers. Go ahead and get your hands on this book! You will not regret it!