Regards to the Man in the Moon - Ezra Jack Keats This is one of the children's books that I read for We Give Books, A Pearson Foundation Initiative to help children all around the world obtain books. It's an organization that gathers many campaigns in one spot on the web to encourage people to read many books for children. With every book you read, one gets donated to the campaign you signed up for. (There's quite a few campaigns available.) A very good friend of mine, Nicole Terazue, recommended this site to me since she knew I loved reading books! (Thanks love!) The campaign I chose to be a part of is called Jumpstart for Young Children. Every book that I read associated with We Give Books gets donated to Jumpstart for Young Children so that less fortunate kids in pre-schools all over America will be able to have more books to read from and learn. It's a fabulous project and I urge all readers, especially parents with young children, to join and help other children less fortunate than our own to read and spread the word of We Give Books. It will benefit children everywhere.

This was my first time reading this book and I thought it was simply beautiful! I love the message about using your imagination and being creative. I feel that there are simply too many children that watch too much TV, play too many video games, and sit around doing nothing when they could be going out and being productive. Now, I am not saying that is bad for your child. Your kids should be allowed to have down time and be able to play video games. They should be allowed to have fun. However, they also should be encourage to read, create things, experience the wonders of imagining a world they created for themselves. When I was a kid, I had an imagination that went everywhere! It surrounded me night and day. Even now I imagine things in my best and worse of times. I feel that I am the only one left, out of all my friends (the few that I have, to be honest) that still firmly believes that even as adults, we can use our imaginations to grow and help our minds expand. This book teaches children that same lesson. Following Louie in an outer space adventure with his friend Susie makes this an enjoyable read. There's not a lot of descriptive writing in this book. There is mostly dialogue which I think adds to the story. You see the characters interact with each other and really see what they think and how they feel. Also, the illustrations are impeccable! Looking at these illustrations is like looking onto a canvas. They each look like individual paintings that could hang in a museum. You know... if it was a museum intended to entertain children. Still, I am very much impressed with the drawings of this book. It's recommended for ages 4-7 and I'm going to stick with that. It's a good read and I think your child could learn to appreciate using their imagination with it.