As You Wish - Jackson Pearce I am very disappointed with this book. First let me say that I love Jackson Pearce as a person. I watch her YouTube videos all the time and I think she's hilarious. I've always meant to read her books ever since I've heard of her. Unfortunately, this book doesn't do it for me. It's like every other YA novel out there... except with genies. The story was mediocre and I didn't really care for the characters. Especially Viola. Oh my God, was she annoying! She did nothing but complained about how lonely she is and how she wanted to belong. She did absolutely nothing to improve her happiness. Also, what upset me most about her was how she was willing to change herself to be "popular." She was disgusting. She wanted people to pay attention to her at all cost. I really can't understand how Jinn fell in love with her. He was a better character but still... nothing amazing. He was nice, at least. The only character I cared for was the Ifrit but I can't say much there because of spoilers. As for the writing... it was okay. I wasn't wowed or anything. And it's a shame because I really wanted to be amazed by this book since I like Jackson so much. But oh well... I hope her other books are better than this one. Still, I think you should give it a try. You might end up liking this romance novel a lot more than I did! ^_^