The Chronicles of Harris Burdick: Fourteen Amazing Authors Tell the Tales - Jules Feiffer, Lois Lowry, Gregory Maguire, Sherman Alexie, M.T. Anderson, Louis Sachar, Kate DiCamillo, Walter Dean Myers, Tabitha King, Chris Van Allsburg, Cory Doctorow, Jon Scieszka, Lemony Snicket, Linda Sue Park, Stephen King This book of anthologies was a good read. I enjoyed most of the stories in it. Some were better than others but as a whole, it was great. The writing in some stories was a bit juvenile, but I felt with the others being as wonderful as they were, it makes up for the lack of quality in some of the short stories. What I liked most about this book, aside from the fabulous illustrations, was the mysterious aspect of this Harris Burdick. No one seems to know anything about this man. He just showed up one day, said he had 14 pieces of art that had stories that went with them, left the art to a publisher, and then disappeared without handing over those stories. Just who is he? Anyway, it was that aspect that kept me intrigued throughout the entire book. Just something you don't read about everyday. This was such a quick read. You can finish it in one sitting and many of the stories are fascinating. There are a few that come across as dull so you might want to push on through those to get to the good ones. Give it a try! The artwork makes it worth it in the end.