99% Love

99% Love - Tsuwabuki An It's clear to see from the rating that I did NOT enjoy reading this. It was bland, mediocre, boring, and the characters were dull. I decided to read this manga because it was a one-shot and I wanted to give shoujo another chance. Why? Because I know that not ALL shoujo can be nauseating pieces of garbage. I know there are a lot of shoujo manga out there that are actually quite interesting and fun to read. This one-shot, however, is NOT like that at all. I spent the majority of my time rolling my eyes and praying for this thing to end! How could this be any sort of entertainment, I'll never know. Well, we all have our own tastes so I can accept that some people may like it. For me, in my own opinion, it was not to my liking.

The artwork, at first, made me want to gouge my eyes out. It was taking the "cute" factor way too seriously. Everything was all flowery and sparkly and I just... can't! However, it did start to grow on me after a while. I accepted the fact that it IS shoujo so the art is going to be "pretty." It wasn't bad, just something I was not used to. It's nothing spectacular, but it's nice enough as it is.

The story... WHAT STORY!? It's all about a girl named Ria who wants her boyfriend to have sex with her... that's it. Wow... what a stunning plot. But her boyfriend, Jirou, being the gullible idiot that he is, doesn't realize his girl wants to do the nasties with him because he's too obsessed with his passion for dancing. Ria, as the main character, was pathetic, obnoxious, useless, and keeps thinking about Jirou's penis to be in any shape or form interesting. Jirou was very boring as well. Playing the "sweet and caring but foolish" boyfriend stereotype to the T! I like him a lot more than I did Ria... but that's only by a smidge. I only liked him because he's a gamer... superficial? Yes. Do I have a choice? Not with these blasted characters!

I can't say much more about this manga because there's really nothing more to it. I already said everything to it. *Sighs* It was just... blah. I didn't enjoy myself one bit. Hopefully, reading this has spared some of you from reading this. If you like this type of story (I don't see how you could but I'm not judgmental), give it a try. You might like it better than I did. If not, STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM IT AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN!

Thanks for reading. I'll see you in the next review.