Stellaluna by Janell Cannon

Stellaluna - Janell Cannon

When I was younger, I used to watch Reading Rainbow all the time. I adored that show! It's a show that teaches kids how to have a love for reading, and it introduced a lot of books with many diverse topics of people and culture. I LOVED, and still do, that show for opening up my mind whilst I was a young child. It was on that show I first heard about Stellaluna. And now, I finally read it in physical form for the first time today! (The first time I "read" it was when it was being read on the show.)

I love this book. This book is beautiful in every aspect of the word. Janell Cannon's writing is so sweet in talking about this young bat's life. I love how she explains in an easy to understand tone how we are all different but that doesn't mean we cannot get along with our peers. The artwork is BEAUTIFUL! I fell in love with the look of the animals in it instantly. I don't even know what else to say about this book! It's so fantastic and helps kids understand the beauty of diversity and love and acceptance.

If you have not read this book, please read it. If you have a child in your life, please encourage them to pick this book up. They can learn so much from this book and I thank LeVar Burton for introducing this to so many kids, myself included, to learn how beautiful it is to be yourself whilst accepting others for being who they are. A lovely book that I am so glad to have read a second time as an adult.