The Complete Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs; Pickles to Pittsburgh by Judi Barrett

The Complete Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs; Pickles to Pittsburgh - Ron Barrett, Judi Barrett

I quite enjoyed this book. A lot of you are probably familiar with the movie version of this story. However, I have never seen the movie. So when I saw this book at the library, I had to pick it up. This version of the book contains both Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and its sequel, Pickles to Pittsburgh. I enjoyed both stories.

Judi Barrett has a love for the bizarre and that made this duology fun to read. A lot of it doesn't make sense, there's no logic as to why the weather produces food instead of rain or snow, but it doesn't have to. Chewandswallow is a logic-less city and it's about the "what-ifs" instead of the "whys." She really knows how to tell a goofy tale and I love that it shows how much she had fun writing these books through her writing.

The artwork is done by Ron Barrett and it was really lovely to look at. Especially the food "landscapes." I wasn't a huge fan with how he drew people, but that's mostly personal preference. Everything else was stunning and gorgeous and looked so delicious!

If you love bizarre, wacky stories, give this children's classic a read. You might enjoy it. I know that I am going to check out the movie and I hope I enjoy it just as much as the book!