Sector 7 by David Wiesner

Sector 7 - David Wiesner

Initially, when we saw this book at the library, my partner and I had no idea what it was about. We basically picked it up because it was titled Sector 7 and had to do with clouds... if you can see the connection there, bravo~ Anyway, we just picked it up mostly for superficial reasons... what I got out of it was so much more.

This story takes place in New York. My home. My home that I miss dearly every single day of my life. The place I hope to go back to one day... some day. The story follows a boy on a field trip to the Empire State building and on the way, makes friends with a cloud who shows him Sector 7, where clouds are made. It's a beautiful story with stunning imagery which reminded me of... so many memories.

I suppose that's why I love this book so much. It reminded me of my home. Of where I came from and where I hope to be some time in the future. It brought back so many memories. Good memories. Bad memories. Memories in general. And for that, I appreciate it all the more.

I think you should give this stunning wordless picture book a shot. Especially if you are familiar with New York or have an interest in the magic of this book.