Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink & Jefferey Cranor

Welcome to Night Vale: A Novel - Jeffrey Cranor, Joseph Fink

Being a fan of the podcast, of course I was going to check out the novel. And going into the novel, I knew right away that I was going to love it. It's just as weird and engaging and unique as the podcast. I enjoyed every moment of it!

I listened to the audiobook with my partner whilst reading along with the actual physical book and, let me tell you, it was a great experience! I love listening to Cecil Baldwin's soothing voice, and the fact he read the audiobook as well just made the experience incredible. I actually recommend the audiobook and the physical book both so, if you're a fan of the podcast (or if you just want to try something completely bizarre), then you should definitely get your hands on both.

The writing is on point, the plot is... weird but that's to be expected, and the characters are all complex and diverse and just awesome. Cecil and Carlos make an appearance, too, and that just put a smile on my face. (I ship them so hard you have no idea!)

Basically, this book is amazing. I am a huge fan of the podcast so I have nothing bad to say about it. Go out. Get your hands on this book. Read it. Then get swallowed by it. You will enjoy it.