The Marvels by Brian Selznick

The Marvels - Brian Selznick, Brian Selznick

Brian Selznick is one of my favorite artists/writers of all time. This is his third book I've read by him, the first two being The Invention of Hugo Cabret and WonderStruck, and it will not be my last. I will follow this man's work for as long as he continues to create art. I adore his way of story-telling, how he slowly reveals the truth about his plot, helping the reader to be fully immerse in what he is trying to convey. Not to mention the man is a brilliant artist! His artwork never ceases to amaze me every time I open one of his books! Ugh! I am just in love with what this brilliant person creates!

The Marvels is a story about a family and a boy trying to solve the mystery of said family and that's all I wish to say about the plot. It's really a book you should just dive right into without knowing much about it! You will enjoy it so much more that way.

Needless to say, I highly recommend you pick up this book. Actually, pick up any book Selznick has written. I'm sure you're going to love it if you love adventure, loving characters, and beautiful artwork that tells the story along with the prose.