The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld

The Enchanted - Rene Denfeld

Wow. Just wow! This book has everything I want in a book. Phenomenal writing, fantastic plot, intriguing characters, and a genius to it that is rarely ever found in a book.

Rene Denfeld did an amazing job in writing this book. She asks questions that most people are too afraid to ask. Like are monster worth saving? Should we have empathy towards them? And should they be called monsters in the first place? These are all questions that I have asked countless times and the answer is, ultimately, up to you.

I fell in love with the voice of the narrator. This person just melts my heart. I sympathized with everything he went through, and his love for books mirrored my own so much that I just nodded whenever he went on a romantic soliloquy about his favorite books and the library.

I cannot praise this book enough. Read it. It's different in its type of story telling, but that just adds so much more to the experience. There's a lot of violence and rape in this book so keep that in mind when venturing in, but it is definitely worth the read.