The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The Little Prince - André Bernard, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Richard Howard

I am in awe. In awe of this book... and in awe of the fact that I apparently read this so long ago now that I didn't even remember I did until I read the first page. I only remember reading about the boa constrictor eating an elephant. It's so bizarre how the human minds works sometimes. How sometimes you could have read something or done something yet have no recollection of it.

How curious...

Anyway, in my current read-through of this fantastic book, I was left with tears in my eyes. It is a beautifully told tale about a young prince traveling around different planets/worlds and experiencing life as it is or how it should be or what he wants of it. It's another great tale about life and experiencing it to its full potential. Saint-Exupéry did an amazing job in using metaphor to describe what we, as humans, tend to forget what's most important in life. And I won't tell you what that important thing is. You'll just have to discover that for yourself.

However, I can say this: There's a reason why this book is so highly regarded. If you haven't read this classic story, a story that is for child and adult alike, then you really should. It's expertly told and full of love and will hopefully remind you of what's truly important.