The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstein

I love children's books. I love children's literature in general. You can learn a lot from these books, even as an adult. The Giving Tree is one of those books. It covers the topics of being generous to those you love, but it also shows you what happens when you are too selfish and what could happen to your loved ones when you only think about yourself. This book contains very important morals that I think everyone should read and learn from.

The illustrations are brilliant! They are simplistic enough that at first glance, you might not think much of them, but as the story progresses, they add to the true horror of what ends up happening in the book. I shall let you discover for yourself what I mean by that.

I recommend this book to everyone. It is very depressing so keep that in mind when reading this book. Might want to have a light read or a happy activity lined up from when you are done with this book. However, it is one of those important books that you will gain so much from about how the world works and the people (and plants) therein.